25 Jan RT 194 | Dr. Theresa Larson – A Warrior’s Story And Approach To Performance
Dr. Theresa Larson is this week’s featured guest. She has an amazing story and a fantastic approach to training and performance. You’ll learn all about it in this week’s show.
Dr. Theresa Larson received her doctorate in physical therapy and is a former Marine Corps Engineer Officer and Combat Veteran. She was an All-American Division I softball player at Villanova University. She is also a part of the staff at MobilityWOD and an instructor for CrossFit Mobility courses. Dr. Larson is the author of the book Warrior, A Memoir.
Theresa’s mission is to help people achieve performance goals and tackle the “why” behind the bodies movement inefficiencies.
We had a great chat this week on the show discussing her story, lessons and approach to performance.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn this week:
- How Theresa’s experiences shaped her unique approach to movement and performance
- The 3 people that impacted her career
- How her approach is “different” to get results
- How she assesses and improves breathing (KEY)
- A simple way to “trigger” proper breathing patterns
- How she defines “mental toughness” – this is great!
- What type of strength she’s most proud of…
- How her mental toughness got her through the toughest time of her life
- Her approach to low back pain and dysfunction
- The #1 thing she attributes to “spine health”
- What her movement/mobility program consists of (what, why, and how she does it)
- What is digital rehabilitation?
- Thoughts on mediation
- Specific “actionable advice” after listening to this interview!!!
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes.
It’s easy to review the show, to see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to becoming the Premier Strength and Performance Podcast online interviewing the industry leaders. Specifically created for the serious fitness enthusiast, lifter, athlete, coach, trainer, or rehab professional.
Recent Posts from Rdella Training:
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.