19 Apr RT 206 | Robb Wolf – Deconstructing Why We’re Wired To Eat
Robb Wolf, NY Times Best-Selling Author of The Paleo Solution and International Health Expert, joins the podcast this week. Robb is brilliant guy and shares some very specific insights and actions in this week’s show about optimizing health.
Robb was a guest on the show back in 2014 and makes a return visit to discuss his latest concepts on optimizing health through his “4 pillars” approach.
You’ll hear and learn about his latest book titled Wired To Eat and get specific practical applications to improve health and body composition.
Here’s what you’ll learn this week:
- What’s he’s learned since writing The Paleo Solution in 2010
- What are the 4 pillars for optimal health and performance
- Learn about his personal experience with 7 Day Carb Test
- What does metabolically flexible look like?
- The practical application of the 7 Day Carb Test
- How to subjectively assess your carbs (and your foods)
- Specific markers for the objective assessment of carbs
- What Robb considers the “danger zone” for carb consumption
- How Robb eats – his specific approaches to eating, calories, and carbs
- Why “sleep hygiene” is the key
- Making sense of high carb/low carb (science and practice)
- What Robb would have done differently if he competed in Powerlifting today
- Social and moral problems with the “cheat meal” approach
- Why “cheat meals” are an issue – and a much better alternative strategy
- The M&M study – what this demonstrated about self control
- How “Wired To Eat” is different from “The Paleo Solution”
- The truth about The Paleo Diet
- What “Wired To Eat” is NOT
- GREAT closing advice (it’s not what you’d expect)
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes.
It’s fast and easy to review the show. To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to becoming the Premier Strength and Performance Podcast online interviewing the industry leaders. Specifically created for the serious fitness enthusiast, lifter, athlete, coach, trainer, or rehab professional.
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.