22 Feb RT 198 | Katy Bowman – Movement Matters, The Science Of Better Movement
Katy Bowman is this week’s amazing guest. Katy is a bestselling author, biomechanist, movement scientist, writer, and creator of Nutritious Movement.
Katy is absolutely brilliant and I’m extremely excited to have her join the show to discuss her uncommon approaches to optimizing human movement, alignment, and positioning. She is truly a “movement scientist” committed to improving human health and performance through better movement. Her approach goes way beyond the time spent in the gym, as you’ll learn about.
This session may blow your mind. I’d encourage more than one listen to this episode to fully understand all the great insights she shares.
Here’s what you’ll learn this week on the show:
- Why she’s so passionate about human movement
- Differences between movement and exercise – and why she’s a “mover”
- How she assesses movement (this is outstanding!)
- Why it’s really about “assessing ourselves”
- Why our movement goes way beyond exercise training
- How she defines “good movement” (an analogy)
- Why movement is truly holistic – and not isolated
- What book Katy says movement professionals should start with
- 3 simple steps to improve your movement and minimize static postures
- Katy discusses a day in her life (a visual display of her day-to-day)
- How she describes her “mobility” – and what she does to address it
- How she approaches strength (an uncommon, but effective approach)
- How she stays up-to-date with the science (this blew my mind)
- Learn about her latest books
- What Katy says is the most valuable movement for most people
- Important, simple, and actionable closing advice
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes.
It’s fast and easy to review the show. To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to becoming the Premier Strength and Performance Podcast online interviewing the industry leaders. Specifically created for the serious fitness enthusiast, lifter, athlete, coach, trainer, or rehab professional.
- Find out more about Katy at NutritiousMovement.com
- A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Katy on Instagram
- Movement Matters
- Move Your DNA
- Dynamic Aging
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.