11 Feb RT 106 | Matt Foreman – Bones of Iron (Part II)
Matt Foreman, author of Bones of Iron and Olympic Weightlifting for Masters, is this week’s podcast guest.
Matt has been a competitive weightlifter for 20 years and actively competes in various strength meets and competitions each year.
Matt is a football and track and field coach in Phoenix, Arizona. His writing is featured on Catalyst Athletics.
I’m honored and excited to share this great interview with you.
This episode is the 2nd half of the 2 part interview series, so if you haven’t heard Part I, please listen to that first.
Here’s what you’ll hear about in Part II:
- Why Matt wrote his 2nd book, Olympic Weightlifting for Masters
- Why the book isn’t just for Masters
- The myths around strength training as we age
- The #1 thing the Masters weightlifter needs to know
- His training template for the last 10 years (frequency, intensity, etc)
- How he plans his competitive schedule
- What he attributes the most to his present day “knee health” (after 2 major injuries)
- A shocking quote from orthopedic surgeon Dr. Gary Waslewski about lifting weights
- Matt’s great advice to compete in your 1st weightlifting meet
- How Matt says he can get better after 25 years of training
- What makes a coach a GREAT coach? (Great insight!)
- The big thing he learned from World Champion Weightlifter, Nicu Vlad
- His recommendation for the one book you must read (you’d never guess this one)
- His biggest training mistake (very important for every athlete)
- The best advice he ever got
- His actionable advice after listening to this interview
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please help grow the show and drop a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated.
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES, click here
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER, click here
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is THE Strength and Performance Podcast on a mission to help forge high performing bodies.
Things from this week’s episode:
- Matt Foreman is a featured writer for CatalystAthletics.com
- To get Matt’s book, Bones of Iron, click here
- To get Olympic Weightlifting for Masters, click here
- Check out a great article by Matt, Lessons From Romania
- To find more information on competitive Weightlifting, check out USA Weightlifting
The show sponsor this week is Rogue Fitness. For the high quality fitness equipment and gear I use, go to RdellaTraining.com/rogue
Share this valuable episode on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.