15 Oct RT 088 | Kelly Starrett of MobilityWOD.com – Ready to Run
NY Times Best-Selling Author and Creator of MobilityWOD.com, Dr. Kelly Starrett joins me this week for an amazing interview discussing his NEW book, “Ready to Run.”
Kelly’s a return guest on the podcast and I’m really excited to have him come back to talk about the new book, as well as other great topics in performance and injury prevention.
“Running is a compound, functional movement that we were designed to do in daily life.” This is a great reason why you need to check out this interview.
Kelly’s a pioneer and an innovator with what he’s doing to revolutionize human performance.
Here’s some of what you’ll hear about this week:
- Hear about the evolution of the “Supple Leopard” system (since our previous interview)
- What is the NEW strength and conditioning model
- Problems with running – how we can to do better to maximize performance, minimize injury
- Why we need to “learn” to run and how to do it
- How to transition safely to more efficient shoes
- The truth about flip-flops and our feet – helpful or harmful?
- The importance of the foot intrinsics and our performance
- The shocking science about the use of ice for pain and inflammation
- Hear about the “No Days Off” approach and how to use it
- Get an introduction to the important 12 standards for all runners
- And, more brilliant insight from Kelly about optimal performance
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please help grow the show and drop a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated.
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES, click here
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER, click here
The Rdella Training Podcast is released each Wednesday with valuable training tips and amazing interviews from the top coaches and experts in the fitness industry.
Things discussed this week were:
- MobilityWOD.com to learn more about Kelly.
- Ready to Run by Kelly Starrett and T.J. Murphy
- Supple Leopard by Kelly Starrett and Glen Cordoza
- Iced: An Illusionary Treatment Option by Gary Reinl
Are you on INSTAGRAM? If so, let’s connect there @rdellatraining
FEATURED SPONSOR: To get a free trial of great audio books, check out AudibleTrial.com/train.
To submit a question for the “ASK SCOTT” segment in the show, post your question on the Facebook Fan Page or shoot me an email.
I’ll answer these questions on the show.
Please share this week’s great episode!