07 Jan RT 101 | Gray Cook on Advances in Functional Movement (Part II)
Here’s Part 2 of the interview with Gray Cook.
Gray Cook, Creator of the Functional Movement Screen and author of the amazing book “Movement” is this week’s podcast guest.
If you haven’t heard Part I of this interview series, please be sure to go back and listen (episode #100).
Gray is truly a pioneer in strength and conditioning, as well as rehabilitation, with his books Athletic Body in Balance and Movement.
He’s also the Founder of Functional Movement Systems which promotes the concept of movement pattern screening and assessment.
Here’s what you’ll learn about in Part 2 of this interview series:
- Summarizing the differences in the kettlebell swing styles
- Why the Push Press is one of his favorites
- Why the clean is so effective – the simple answer
- His ultimate “time efficient” workout
- Learn his big take away from the Stanford Lecture with Dr. Stuart McGill
- How the ‘movement experts’ have different approaches to assessing movement
- When we need to stop coaching movement
- What he meant when he said “we are not the police of movement perfection“
- He tells us what his primary goal has always been
- What the FMS is really about
- What’s coming next from Gray Cook…
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please help grow the show and drop a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated.
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES, click here
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER, click here
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is THE Strength and Performance Podcast on a mission to help forge high performing bodies.
“Moving well sets you up to move often and moving often sets you up to make you fit.” ~Gray Cook
Things from this week’s episode:
- To learn more about the FMS, go to FunctionalMovement.com
- To learn more about Gray Cook, go to GrayCook.com
- For more information about the book Movement, click here
- To learn more about the “Assessing Movement” DVD, click here
- To learn more about the “Essentials of Coaching” DVD, click here
Share this valuable episode on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.