30 Apr RT 064 | Dr. Jim Afremow, The Champion’s Mind
In this week’s podcast session, I spoke to Dr. Afremow to discuss his concepts on developing a championship mindset for peak performance.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Understand the mental game of sports and performance
- 2 common mistakes athletes make in mental training
- The simple key to your “big picture goal”
- Why he wrote The Champion’s Mind and how he hopes it helps people
- How to overcome performance anxiety
- How to “feed the good wolf”
- His advice to instantly apply mental conditioning strategies
- The importance of visualization
- Specific advice on how to conquer the kettlebell snatch test
- Why breathing is so important for our mindset
- How to approach injuries with mindset training
- How to effectively use the book, The Champion’s Mind
- And, much more…
If you enjoy this episode, please help the show and drop a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it helps to build the podcast.
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES, click here
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER, click here
As a reminder, a new episode is released each Wednesday with valuable training tips and great interviews.
To find out more about Dr. Jim Afremow, go to GoldMedalMind.net.
And, of course, grab your copy of the great book, The Champion’s Mind.
Here’s the article we mentioned about my Powerlifting experience.
FEATURED SPONSOR: To get a free trial of great audio books, check out AudibleTrial.com/train.
Please share this episode.
Scott Iardella writes about strength training methods to optimize health and performance. If you enjoyed this article, join a strong and growing community of passionate fitness enthusiasts and subscribe below.