09 Sep RT 137 | Dr. Jeremy Koenig – The Future of Fitness and Performance
Dr. Jeremy Koenig, the CEO and founder of Athletigen, is this week’s podcast guest.
Athletigen is a cutting edge sports performance company that specializes in analyzing our genetics to maximize performance.
This is a totally different, innovative, and high science interview this week discussing the latest concepts in the area of genotyping and human potential.
The truth is that we barely scratched the surface in this session, but you’ll definitely get an inside understanding about the future of performance training, whether you’re an athlete, coach, or fitness enthusiast.
Here’s what you’ll learn about this week:
- Why he’s always been fascinated with genetics
- His journey as an athlete (and what he does today)
- What is Athletigen?
- What is the only human technology that matters
- Hear about the mission and vision of the company
- The importance of the ACTN3 gene – the sports gene
- How to approach training if you don’t have the “sports gene?”
- What is the real question we need to ask?
- How the process works to determine your genotyping
- Why getting genotyped is only the beginning
- What we know about genetics and injury prevention
- Who is genetic analysis most geared for?
- Why it’s important to learn about how our bodies work
- How the skeptics help to make the science stronger
- Understand the importance of the research behind the science
- Pontential problems or cautions we should be aware of with interpreting the results
- “Genetic gifts” vs. “genetic opportunities” – what’s the difference?
- The bigger questions that still need to be answered
- What he’d like to see in the future
- What can we take away from this interview – how does this help you?
- What are the potential next steps?
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated.
To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to become the Premier Strength and Performance Podcast online helping people of all levels live their strength and discover their greatness.
If you enjoyed this, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.