08 Apr RT 114 | Dr. Fred Hatfield – Life Lessons In Strength
Dr. Fred Hatfield (a.k.a. Dr. Squat) returns to the podcast this week for another wisdom filled interview.
This session, I asked about his life lessons, key learnings, and best advice as a world class athlete and coach.
Dr. Hatfield is renowned as a strength scientist and elite athlete, where he competed as a powerlifter.
He’s also got a long list of athletic accomplishments, including Olympic Weightlifting, Bodybuilding, and Gymnastics.
He’s the author of several great books and best sellers, including POWER: A Scientific Approach and BODYBUILDING: A Scientific Approach.
Dr. Hatfield is a true “icon” in strength and performance training and this is a huge honor for all of us to learn from his decades of record-breaking athletic performance.
This is a raw, no holds barred interview session that you’re guaranteed to learn from.
Here’s what you’ll hear about this week:
- Surprising things you probably don’t know about Fred Hatfield
- Who his biggest influences were
- His relationship with Russian Strength Scientist, Dr. Yuri Verkhoshansky
- His greatest lesson from Dr. Verkhoshansky
- A review of CAT (compensatory acceleration technique)
- Specific advice to learn CAT
- His open thoughts on “bands and chains”
- A simple biofeedback technique to implement CAT
- Hear about his famous “squat off” against bodybuilder Tom Platz
- Why he transitioned into Powerlifting from Olympic Weightlifting
- His view on “competition” and the real reason he was an athlete
- His best advice to induce strength gains in 6-12 weeks
- What he really thinks about today’s bodybuilders
- “Fiber Fusion” to promote hypertrophic response
- Understand the many qualities of strength
- “Angle Q” – the secret to elite strength
- The untold story behind “Supertraining“
- The book he’s most proud of
- Defining “fitness”
- The #1 goal for all personal trainers
- His greatest achievement as a coach
- The psychology and flow of being in a peak state
- Key advice to abide by for successful long term training
- And, more.
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated.
To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
(***Be sure to listen and learn about the giveaway from 4/8/15 through 4/22/15)
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES, click here
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER, click here
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is THE Strength and Performance Podcast on a mission to help forge high performing bodies.
- For more information about Dr. Fred Hatfield, be sure to check DrSquat.com (*website currently being updated)
- Be sure to read the 7 Training Laws according to Dr. Hatfield referred to, click here.
- His latest book with Josh Bryant is The Complete Guide to Dumbbell training.
- And, my personal favorite is his book, POWER: A Scientific Approach.
To see the high quality fitness equipment and gear I use, go to RdellaTraining.com/rogue
Have we connected on Instagram?
Share this valuable episode on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.