19 Mar RT 058 | Dr. Fred Hatfield (Dr. Squat), A Pioneer in Strength
Dr. Hatfield is one of the true pioneers in the world of strength training and has incredible knowledge to share with us in this week’s episode.
His experience includes being a former standout gymnast, former competitive bodybuilder, elite weightlifter, and world class powerlifter where he had established his legendary 1014 pound squat, among other significant strength accomplishments.
He has authored numerous books, articles, and is considered a renowned leader in strength and performance training.
I encourage you to listen all the way through this comprehensive interview and consider what you can apply right now in your own training.
His contributions to the industry are extraordinary and I was so incredibly honored to speak with him in this candid conversation to discuss a wide variety of training topics and learn from his extensive experience.
Dr. Hatfield is a pioneer in strength and I’m excited to share this interview with you.
Here’s some of what you learn about in this week’s show:
- He shares his personal experience with the legendary 1014 pound squat
- The most important thing he attributed to the this accomplishment
- Is is possible to integrate different styles of training and be successful?
- What he learned from Dr. Yuri Verkoshansky (Author of Supertraining)
- What exactly is Compensatory Acceleration Training (CAT)
- Learn specifically how he recommends we use CAT in our training to get strong
- What is the KING physical attribute in athletics (not what you think)
- The #1 most important factor to gain strength
- The truth about CrossFit, the good and the bad, according to Dr. Hatfield
- Considerations for the CrossFit athlete
- How he defines “fitness,” one of most misunderstood words in the industry
- Is becoming a “fit individual” a realistic goal?
- Understand the different types of strength
- Can strength improve our health?
- What we need to know about Plyometric training
- His biggest advice to gain muscular hypertrophy
- His biggest training tip to gain pure strength
- What he thinks about kettlebells
- What his favorite training implements are
- And, much more insight and shared knowledge
If you enjoyed this episode, please support the show and drop a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s REALLY easy to review the show and it helps greatly to build the podcast.
And, click here to review and subscribe in Stitcher.
As a reminder, a new episode is released every Wednesday with valuable training tips and amazing interviews.
For more information on Dr. Fred Hatfield, go to DrSquat.com.
To learn more about ISSA, click here.
Please share this valuable episode.
Scott Iardella writes about strength training methods to optimize health and performance. If you enjoyed this article, join his list by subscribing below.