19 Aug RT 134 | Chip Conrad – No Holds Barred
Chip Conrad is this week’s featured guest. It’s a session you have to hear because there are so many great take-aways.
Chip is a strength coach, movement expert, athlete, speaker, and writer.
He’s the founder of BodyTribe.com.
One of his projects is the great DVD he created with Dan John titled “How to Create The Holistic Athlete.”
This is a raw, honest interview loaded with content.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this week’s show:
- What is his driving force in his training
- How Chip got started in the fitness industry
- The MOST important question we need to ask ourselves
- How his training has changed since the beginning
- The 3 simple things he trains for
- His philosophy of training – the 3 skills
- How he attracts the right clients
- His biggest frustration in the industry (and he would change)
- How he defines quality movement
- His simple definition of strength
- The “mentality” of training as we age
- Why movement and exercise are NOT the same
- The biggest mistake most people make in training
- What is the “holistic athlete?”
- The people he looks up to the most in the industry
- The most important thing he leaned from Mel Siff
- What he’s doing right now in his training
- His big training lesson (in the last year)
- Metaphysical goal setting and benchmarks – what are they?
- Defining the “mind-body” connection
- Insights on mental training techniques
- Where goal setting starts (this is critical)
- His daily success habits
- If he could train with anyone – who would it be?
- And, great closing advice…
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated.
To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to become the Premier Strength and Performance Podcast online helping people of all levels live their strength and discover their greatness.
Be sure to check out the NEW weekly Scientific Strength Podcast, with new short episodes every MONDAY.
Share this valuable episode on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.