10 Feb RT 160 | Charlie Weingroff – Moving Beyond Training Equals Rehab
Charlie Weingroff, strength coach and renowned physical therapist, returns to the podcast this week.
Charlie is a Doctor of Physical Therapy, a Certified Athletic Trainer, a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and an elite level powerlifter.
Charlie’s DVD series – Training = Rehab – has redefined the language between rehabilitation and performance enhancement training. It is a “must-have” for every physical therapist, strength coach and personal trainer.
Charlie’s no-nonsense coaching style will force you to start asking yourself tougher questions. You’ll walk away from this interview wanting to search deeper for more reliable answers that will make you a better athlete, coach, and overall person.
In today’s episode, I talk with Charlie about his philosophies on training, coaching, and the importance of incorporating rehabilitation into your training. He also answers a few great listener questions.
I greatly admire Charlie’s “un-filtered” thoughts and opinions on training and performance.
Here’s what you’ll hear about in this week’s amazing episode:
- Charlie explains how he’s been able to stand out and become successful in the fitness industry
- The importance of delivering solid information in today’s climate
- When and how to incorporate foam rolling into your workouts
- The 4 reasons to complete a warm-up routine
- How to prepare for your workout through rehearsing movement
- The science behind the Functional Movement Screen (FMS)
- How to use FMS to assess your clients and create a safe entry point to build upon
- What can happen if your joints are not efficient in getting in the right positions
- The importance of finding a complete coach
- When to avoid overhead pressing
- The benefits of the “not so primal movements” like rolling and crawling
- Why rolling doesn’t require you to be on the ground
- Filtering out the bad fitness information
- The importance of picking and choosing your battles
- Is it ever appropriate to tolerate mediocrity
- What is “Training = Rehab” all about?
- Using your beliefs to guide you in your training
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated to help the show grow.
To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to become the Premier Strength and Performance Podcast online interviewing the industry leaders to help people of all levels live their strength and discover their greatness.
To check out great educational resources for training and performance, check out RdellaTraining.com/learn.
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.