Hey, my name is Scott Iardella and I’ve been involved in fitness now for over 30 years, it’s pretty crazy. I’m a forty-something year old guy living a fantastic life here in South Florida with my beautiful wife and two amazing children.
Yep, I’m just a regular guy with a self admitted obsession about improving human potential and physical performance.
In the simplest terms, I teach people how to get stronger and how to move better.
It’s all about strength. It’s all about movement. With this combination, anything is possible.
And, I’m always learning, studying, and practicing methods to improve strength, movement, and performance.
I read everything I can get my hands on about strength training, nutrition, health, and performance training.
I attend as many workshops and seminars as I possibly can to always learn, to constantly improve, and share what I know.
You see, strength training is an art and a science and I’ve been called “The Scientist of Strength“ with my intense passion and unique blend of knowledge.
When there are so many fitness sites and “gurus” on the internet, why would you listen to me?
Things are a little different here, that’s for sure.
I’m a no BS strength coach, who’s very fortunate to have highly specialized clinical and scientific knowledge covering decades of training experience that are rarely found in the fitness industry.
Unfortunately, many people aren’t able to distinguish between the kid that just passed the online certification last week and an experienced, extensively trained expert with decades of knowledge and practical experience.
Hopefully, I can help change that.
I’m on a mission to help people discover their physical potential.
There are 6 words that represent the RdellaTraining vision.
I call this the 6 pillars of Rdella Training because it represents my vision, my values. And, I decided to share this with you because these 6 words truly drive what I do everyday.
The 6 Pillars of Rdella Training (Vision & Values):
- Results: Getting readers, clients, and fans better results, period.
- Determination: Determination to provide the very best information and training.
- Excellence: Chase the extraordinary. Good is not good enough.
- Leadership: Lead the way through the clutter, confusion, and misinformation.
- Learning: Never stop learning and improving.
- Authentic: Always stay true to my passion, integrity, and professionalism.
I consider myself extremely lucky to have so many great experiences in the area of health, fitness, and nutrition over the last 30 plus years. And, I’m still always learning and practicing new things to improve my own strength, health, body composition, and performance. It’s always a journey for me.
I admit I’m obsessed with always learning how to optimize and improve human performance.
Again, my mission is simple. To help people discover their physical potential.
I started training when I was about 15 years old. I vividly remember the cement filled, plastic coated weight set and bench press I had in my basement. I would have never guessed that would be the beginning of something that radically changed my life forever.
I eventually got really serious a few years later and competed in my 1st bodybuidling contest. I did pretty well when I competed, but it was the process completely changed my life. I learned more about myself through my bodybuilding experience and it was an awakening to the inner strength I had.
Moving through the years, I stopped competing, but kept training hard.
I always thought I was fit and eating healthy, but the reality is that I was an “unhealthy fit.”
Like most people, I didn’t really know what true healthy eating was. I got overweight and out of shape at one point, despite spending many hours a week in the gym.
Yes, I’ve definitely had my own struggles along the way. But, I was always the “gym rat” even though sometimes I was just going through the motions and doing all the wrong stuff.
I really understand how our bodies function, move, and perform while avoiding stress to our joints, muscles, and other structures to prevent injury.
Exercise is all about movement, it’s not about sitting in restrictive machines or devices.
I’ve learned a lot about the physiological and biomechanical aspects of exercise and performance which gives me a unique and specialized understanding of the human body.
As I mentioned, I feel very lucky to have the blend of experience I have acquired through the years.
And, now it’s time to give back.
Just a few years ago, I made some really amazing discoveries that literally transformed my body, my training, my health, and my education in exercise and nutrition.
I’m talking about some “game changing” types of training methods, nutritional strategies, and lifestyle changes that have made a radical difference for me.
Changes that I’ll be doing for the rest of my life.
Why Rdella Training™? Why is This Different From Anything Else?
Unfortunately, there’s a lot of B.S. in the fitness industry. Sorry, but I see it all the time.
That’s part of the reason I decided to start this site. The other part is my passion to educate and help people discover things that offer the best results.
I created RdellaTraining™ to sort through the BS and share the best methods, strategies, and tactics with decades of practical experience.
Specifically, kettlebells, barbells, and bodyweight/mobility training methods are my specialities.
With the information I share, I want to be very open and honest about the things that I consider to be the most important methods for sheddng body fat, building lean muscle, improving “movement” and performance, getting in peak health, and so many more benefits, to be honest.
I’ll show you what, why, and how.
If these methods weren’t that effective, I wouldn’t be doing them and I wouldn’t have tne new level of health and strength I have today.
I’ve effortlessly lost 20 pounds, built a chisled, more muscular body, have amazing energy, and have more total body strength and power than I have had in my entire life (as a man in my forties).
And, that’s just for starters, seriously. I tell you this not to brag, but to tell you that what I do works for me and it can work for you, without doubt.
If you follow the methods, you will get lasting results.
If you’re open to taking your training to then next level, I can virtually guarantee I can help you with the things I’ve learned so you can get fast, proven results.
I can show you things that can take your training and nutrition to the next level to hep you reach your goals faster.
I can show you how to take your training from average to elite.
Please take action as you’re reading this and subscribe to my email list to get exclusive fitness tips, information, and other FREE bonus material right now!
Enter your email above to get instant access.
I don’t consider myself the typical self-proclaimed fitness guru.
You can decide for yourself what I am, but my focus is on getting YOU better results.
I won’t teach you how to use some gimmicky exercise device, do some foolish exercise program that only gives you short term results (at best), or follow some crazy, fad diet to drop 10 pounds a week.
I”ll show you how to move better, move stronger. And, how to get sustainable results.
This is about getting results in a way that lasts and in ways that will improve your strength, health, and functional performance in the most amazing ways possible.
Getting real fitness results requires a lot of hard work, commitment, and doing the right things.
I hope I can inspire you to take action and I hope you can be open to new things that can make HUGE difference for you.
My approaches may be a bit “unconventional” because “conventional” simply doesn’t work.
I’m here to help you.
I like to think what I do is provide fitness with integrity. I will do my best to share and to teach you what I know.
And, in case you were wondering what some of the initials are behind my name, here’s a list of my background and training for your own knowledge:
- M.P.T. (Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy from the University of Maryland)
- C.S.C.S. (Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist) by the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
- C.I.S.S.N. (Certified Sports Nutritionist) by the International Society of Sports Nutrition.
- R.K.C. Certified Kettlebell Instructor (August 2010). Trained and certified under Master trainer, Pavel Tsatsouline at the prestigious and renowned, 3 day RKC weekend certification.
- R.K.C. II (Russian Kettlebell Certified Instructor) Level II Certified (July 2011). Trained and certified under Pavel Tsatsouline completing the next level of strength and performance training as an RKC, Level II.
- SFG II (Strong First, Level II Instructor) Strong First Kettlebell Certifications by Pavel Tsatsouline
- C.K.F.M.S. (Certified Kettlebell – Functional Movement Specialist) (October 2010). Trained under renowned Physical Therapist, Gray Cook and Strength Coach, Brett Jones.
- U.S.A.W. – L1SP (USA Weightlifting, Level One Sport Performance Coach).
- Pn1 (Precision Nutrition, Level 1 Certified).
- H.K.C. (Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified) (January 2010). Trained under RKC Master, David Whitely.
- G.F.S. (Golf Fitness Specialist by the National Academy of Sports Medicine)
- Functional Movement Screen, Certified Specialist
- TRX Group Certified Trainer.
- Participant in Russian Kettlebell Workshop led by RKC Master, Andrea DuCane (November, 2009).
- Participant in Advanced Kettlbell Training, (Vo2Max and Perfecting The Press) by former Master RKC, Kenneth Jay (November 2009).
- Participant in the Maximum Impact Barbell Training Workshop, led by Pavel Tsatsouline and Jeff O’Connor (July 2012).
- Participant in the Summit of Strength 2012, led by Brett Jones, Geoff Neupert, Jeff O’Connor, and David Whitley (August, 2012).
- Attendee of the International Society of Sports Nutrition Annual Conference (2010, 2012).
- Primal Move – Fundamentals Certified Instructor (November, 2012).
- Attendee of “Whole9Life Nutrition Seminar” with Dallas and Melissa Hartwig (November, 2012)
- Attendee of the “Hypertrophy Workshop” by the International Society of Sports Nutrition (February, 2013)
- And, the learning NEVER ends…
Well, that s the “formal” training stuff, anyway.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and hope it was helpful. Hope to see you in the inside or hear from you soon.
My Best Regards,
Enter your primary email in the box above to get FREE updates and get your FREE Bonus Reports right now.