What You’ll Get From Rdella Training.
It’s about getting results, first and foremost.
I want to show you how building strength can help you get everything else you want.
BUILD STRENGTH AND POWER, MOVE BETTER, BUILD MUSCLE, SHED FAT, FEEL ENERGIZED, AND IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH.
Leave the BS in the industry behind and discover the truth about what works.
I’ve been training for decades and I’ve made many mistakes along the way.
But, a few years ago everything clicked for me with an amazing discovery.
The discovery was that “strength matters.”
Many people either don’t fully understand this or completely miss it altogether.
I honestly want to help you.
Join our Revolution, avoid the mistakes, and let me show you how to train strong so that you get powerful results.
Subscribe below if you want to take the next step and get expert tips, advice, and wickedly awesome information to help you take it to the next level and get the results you want.
This is more than just another “fitness website.”
It’s a community and tremendous resource for you.
I’m dedicated to the truth about how we can optimize our health, performance, and move closer to achieving our potential, regardless of age or background.
Always studying the latest data, cutting edge research, and discovering the truth about how we can optimize and improve our physical performance and potential to get better results.
Because “experts are students first and always.”
And, if you haven’t checked out the podcast yet, I highly recommend that you do.
I’ve interviewed many top experts and authorities such as Kelly Starrett, Dan John, Jason Ferruggia, Geoff Neupert, and Zac Even-Esh, just to name a few.
It’s a “goldmine” of useful information you can use right now, click here to check it out and subscribe.
Anyway, my interest and passion is with 2 high performance tools.
Kettlebells and barbells.
Of course, I do other things, as well, but kettlebell training and barbell training is my focus because those tools provide the biggest bang for the buck.
Yeah, that’s what I’ve found to be true after decades of training experience.
We all need strength, every one of us and I’ll show you why.
I’ve been involved in the health and fitness industries now for over 30 years, and physical strength is the single most important quality which helps us get all the other things we want (bigger, faster, leaner, healthier, more athletic).
The things I write about here is what I live.
I don’t just write this, I live it.
I’m lucky, I’ve got a great life here in South Florida with my beautiful wife and two amazing children.
They are my inspiration, without a doubt.
So, Who is Scott Iardella?
- Husband + Dad
- Strength Coach + Strength Athlete
- Former Sports Physical Therapist (MPT) + “Recovering” Competitive Bodybuilder
- Science Nerd + Obsessive Reader
- Certified Kettlebell + Barbell Instructor (SFGII, SFL)
- Podcaster, Host of The RdellaTraining Podcast + “Soon To Be” Author
- And, a few other things… (see below)
I have to tell you, one of the things I’m most proud of is being a StrongFirst, Level II kettlebell instructor.
Kettlebell training and the principles I’ve learned about human movement and strength have been game changing, to be very honest.
The question is, how can I help you?
Why Should You Care?
Well, in the simplest terms, I want to help as many people as I can how to get stronger so that they achieve the specific health and fitness results they want.
Strength is the foundation, my friend.
It’s taken me decades to figure this out, but it’s absolutely the truth.
You see, it’s all about getting stronger and moving better, despite what popular opinion is.
All the BS and misinformation was the driving force to put this website together so that my message could be heard.
I read everything I can get my hands on about strength and performance training.
I attend as many workshops and seminars as I possibly can to always get better.
I get better so that I can help you get better.
Yep, that’s the deal.
Strength training is an art and a science and, yes, I’ve been called “The Scientist of Strength“ with my slightly insane passion and drive to always learn.
My gym is my training lab.
That’s where I practice and experiment to come up with new training methods and systems.
I’m a strength coach, who’s very fortunate to have a highly specialized clinical and scientific background covering decades of training experience that are rarely found in the fitness industry.
Unfortunately, many people aren’t able to distinguish between the kid that just passed the online certification last week and an experienced, extensively trained expert with decades of knowledge and practical experience.
But, I’d guess you know the difference or you wouldn’t be reading this.
I’m on a mission to help people discover and accelerate their physical potential.
I want to help people get stronger, move flawlessly, and get better results, period.
There are 6 words that represent the RdellaTraining mission.
I call this the 6 pillars of Rdella Training because it represents my mission and my values. I decided to share this with you because these 6 words truly drive what I do everyday.
The 6 Pillars of Rdella Training (Words I Live By)
- Results: I’m focused on Results. It’s very simple.
- Determination: Drive, determination, dedication. 3 words that mean a lot.
- Excellence: A relentless pursuit of excellence.
- Leadership: Lead by doing.
- Learning: Never stop learning. Never stop improving.
- Authentic: Truth, passion, integrity, and professionalism.
I consider myself extremely lucky to have so many great experiences in the area of health, fitness, and nutrition over the last 30 plus years. And, I’m still always learning and practicing new things to improve my own strength, health, body composition, and performance.
Again, I admit I’m totally obsessed with always learning how to optimize and improve human performance.
So, my VISION is really simple.
It’s to help as many people as I possibly can discover and accelerate their physical potential with the most proven and effective methods.
I started training when I was about 15 years old. I vividly remember the cement filled, plastic coated weight set and bench press I had in my basement. I would have never guessed that would be the beginning of something that radically changed my life forever.
I eventually got really serious a few years later and competed in my 1st bodybuidling contest. I did pretty well when I competed, but it was the process completely changed my life. I learned more about myself through my bodybuilding experience and it was an awakening to the inner strength I had.
Moving through the years, I stopped competing, but kept training hard.
I always thought I was fit and eating healthy, but the reality is that I was an “unhealthy fit.”
Like most people, I didn’t really know what true healthy eating was. I got overweight and out of shape at one point, despite spending many hours a week in the gym.
Yes, I’ve definitely had my own struggles along the way. But, I was always the “gym rat” even though sometimes I was just going through the motions and doing all the wrong stuff.
But, I’ve been fortunate to learn a lot along my journey.
The past few years, I’ve learned from guys like this (yes, that’s the legendary Russian Strength Coach, Pavel Tsatsouline right there).
I’m honored and truly humbled to learn from people like Pavel.
And, as a former sports physical therapist I have an advantage.
I really understand how our bodies function, move, and perform while avoiding stress to our joints, muscles, and other structures to prevent injury.
Exercise is all about movement, it’s not about sitting in restrictive machines or devices.
I’ve learned a lot about the physiological and biomechanical aspects of exercise and performance which gives me a unique and specialized understanding of the human body.
As I mentioned, I feel very lucky to have the blend of experience I have acquired through the years.
And, now it’s time to give back.
Just a few years ago, I made some really amazing discoveries that literally transformed my body, my training, my health, and my education in exercise and nutrition.
I’m talking about some “game changing” types of training methods, nutritional strategies, and lifestyle changes that have made a radical difference for me.
Changes that I’ll be doing for the rest of my life.
Why Rdella Training™? Why is This Different From Anything Else?
Unfortunately, there’s a lot of B.S. in the fitness industry. You know it’s true, as well as I do.
That’s part of the reason I decided to start this site. The other part is my passion to educate and help people discover things that offer the biggest results.
I created RdellaTraining™ to sort through the BS and share the best methods, strategies, and tactics with my decades of practical experience.
Specifically, kettlebells, barbells, and bodyweight/mobility training methods are my specialities.
Listen, I want to be very open and honest about the things that I consider to be the most important methods for sheddng body fat, building lean muscle, improving strength, movement, and performance, and so many more benefits.
The bottom line is the tools and methods I use provide the best results.
I’ll show you what, why, and how.
If these methods weren’t that effective, I wouldn’t be doing them and I wouldn’t have tne new level of health and strength I have today.
I’ve effortlessly lost 20 pounds, built a more muscular body, have amazing energy, and have more total body strength and power than I have had in my entire life (I’m now in my forties).
And, that’s just for starters, seriously.
I tell you this not to brag, but to tell you that what I do works for me and it can work for you, without doubt.
If you follow the things I share with you, you’ll get lasting results because things I do are proven and time tested.
If you’re open to taking your training to then next level, I can virtually guarantee I can help you with the things I’ve learned so you can get fast, proven results.
I can show you things that can take your training and nutrition to the next level to hep you reach your goals faster.
That’s because I’m always learning and improving myself.
Here I am in a seminar with Kelly Starrett, the Author of the Best Selling book, Supple Leopard.
Kelly’s fantastic and he’s the “mobility” guy, for sure.
He’s the “real deal” and part of a new breed of strength coach and performance expert who I’m honored to learn from.
Please take action as you’re reading this and subscribe to my email list to get exclusive training tips, information, and other FREE material for you right now!
Enter your email above to get instant access.
Hey, I don’t consider myself the typical self-proclaimed fitness guru.
You can decide for yourself what I am, but my focus is on getting us all better results.
I won’t teach you how to use some gimmicky exercise device, do some foolish exercise program that only gives you short term results (at best), or follow some crazy, fad diet to drop 10 pounds a week.
I”ll show you how to move better, move stronger. And, how to get sustainable results.
This is about getting results in a way that lasts and in ways that will improve your strength, health, and functional performance in the most amazing ways possible.
Getting real fitness results requires a lot of hard work, commitment, and doing the right things.
I hope I can inspire you to take action and I hope you can be open to new things that can make HUGE difference for you.
My approaches may be a bit “unconventional” because “conventional” simply doesn’t work.
I’m here to help you.
I like to think what I do is provide fitness with integrity. I will do my best to share and to teach you what I know.
And, in case you were wondering what some of the initials are behind my name, here’s a list of my background and training for your own knowledge:
- M.P.T. (Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy from the University of Maryland)
- C.S.C.S. (Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist) by the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
- C.I.S.S.N. (Certified Sports Nutritionist) by the International Society of Sports Nutrition.
- R.K.C. Certified Kettlebell Instructor (August 2010). Trained and certified under Master trainer, Pavel Tsatsouline at the prestigious and renowned, 3 day RKC weekend certification.
- R.K.C. II (Russian Kettlebell Certified Instructor) Level II Certified (July 2011). Trained and certified under Pavel Tsatsouline completing the next level of strength and performance training as an RKC, Level II.
- SFG II (Strong First, Level II Instructor) Strong First Kettlebell Certifications by Pavel Tsatsouline
- C.K.F.M.S. (Certified Kettlebell – Functional Movement Specialist) (October 2010). Trained under renowned Physical Therapist, Gray Cook and Strength Coach, Brett Jones.
- U.S.A.W. – L1SP (USA Weightlifting, Level One Sport Performance Coach) (January, 2013)
- Pn1 (Precision Nutrition, Level 1 Certified).
- H.K.C. (Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified) (January 2010). Trained under RKC Master, David Whitely.
- G.F.S. (Golf Fitness Specialist by the National Academy of Sports Medicine)
- Functional Movement Screen, Certified Specialist
- TRX Group Certified Trainer.
- Participant in Russian Kettlebell Workshop led by Master RKC, Andrea DuCane (November, 2009).
- Participant in Advanced Kettlbell Training Workshop, (Vo2Max and Perfecting The Press) by former Master RKC, Kenneth Jay (November 2009).
- Participant in the Maximum Impact Barbell Training Workshop, led by Pavel Tsatsouline and Jeff O’Connor (July 2012).
- Participant in the Summit of Strength 2012, led by Brett Jones, Geoff Neupert, Jeff O’Connor, and David Whitley (August, 2012).
- Attendee of the International Society of Sports Nutrition Annual Conference (2010, 2012).
- Primal Move – Fundamentals Certified Instructor (November, 2012).
- Attendee of “Whole9Life Nutrition Seminar” with Dallas and Melissa Hartwig (November, 2012)
- Attendee of the “Hypertrophy Workshop” by the International Society of Sports Nutrition (February, 2013)
- Participant in Pendlay Level 1 and Level 2 Olympic Lifting seminars, 2 days (July, 2013)
- Participant in Kelly Starrett’s Movement and Mobility Seminar (August, 2013)
- Assistant at StrongFirst, Level One Kettlebell Certification (September, 2013)
- S.F.L. StrongFirst Barbell Certified Instructor (October, 2013) with Pavel Tsatsouline and Dr. Michael Hartle
- Camargo Oly Seminar attendee, February 2014.
- Competitor and Class Winner, Florida East Coast Championships Powerlifting Meet, March 29, 2014.
- And, the learning NEVER ends…
Well, that s the “formal” training stuff, anyway.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and hope it was helpful. Hope to see you in the inside or hear from you soon.
Train Strong and Train Safe…
Scott Iardellawrites about proven strength training methods to optimize health and performance. Join a growing community of passionate fitness enthusiasts by subscribing below.